CYL2 is available virtually.
BWHI has culturally tailored a virtual program just for Black women.
Change Your Lifestyle. Change Your Life. (CYL2), is our yearlong evidence-based lifestyle change program that gives you the tools and support you need to help prevent type 2 diabetes and other chronic conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
Here’s what participants can expect:
- A personal Lifestyle Coach and a community of support including others also committed to making positive behavior changes.
- Help to change your relationship with food so you can shop better, prepare food in healthier ways, and eat differently.
- Support in understanding what triggers your eating, how your thoughts affect your behavior, and how to replace negative habits with positive ones.
- A better understanding of how chronic stress increases the risk of weight gain and keeps us from losing weight.
- Tips on practicing self-care to help manage the stress.
Who Should Enroll In This Program?
Participants must be 18 and older and have a BMI of 25 or more. You must also meet one of the following:
- Diagnosed with prediabetes by a healthcare provider
- Have a history of gestational diabetes
- Score at least a 5 on the Prediabetes Risk Test
Not sure what your BMI is? Don’t worry! Take the Prediabetes Risk Test to get the answer.
Submit the Risk Test and your contact information if you are interested in joining our virtual program.