My Sister’s Keeper is a Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI) signature program created to empower young Black women ages 18-30 to be powerful advocates and leaders.
- Understanding and applying the tenets of reproductive rights and reproductive justice;
- Sharing lived experiences through authentic storytelling;
- Training and engaging women in policy basics, advocacy, base-building and mobilization;
- Understanding and employing strategies for emotional wellness/self-care; and
- Creating anti-racism/sexism strategies to fight for reproductive justice.
- Sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
- Mental and emotional health
- Menstrual insecurity and stigma
- Gender discrimination and violence
- Anti-racism and allyship
- Anti-tobacco, smoking, and vaping