The Byllye Avery Genius Society is a community of like-minded people who are deeply
connected to BWHI’s core mission to advance the physical, emotional, and financial health of
Black women and girls across the country.
Byllye Avery founded BWHI in 1983 as the National Black Women’s Project, to help protect and advance the health and wellness of Black women and girls. With an annual gift of $500 or more, Avery Society members provide the leadership, vision, and resources that are critical to carrying out her work and mission to fuel health policy, advocacy, education, research, and leadership development for Black women and girls. Society members receive special invitations to events and discussions* throughout the year, from policy briefings to social engagements. Now more than ever, we need you to help shape the future of health for Black women and girls.
JOIN THE SOCIETY
I Got Your Back ($500-999)
- Concierge Service – the Development Team will not only assist you in questions and concerns; they will also update you on BWHI and its work.
- Special Invitations – Special invitations to Events and Programs* from policy briefings to conversations on health to social engagements.
- Recognition – Recognition through the listing of your name in the annual BWHI Impact Report based on your level of support.
- Tax Deduction – Any gift given to BWHI is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
We Are The Ones ($1,000-4,999)
In addition to the above:
- A thank-you note from one of the members of our Board of Directors.
- Invitation to an intimate, online event during the year.
Keepers of the Flame ($5,000-9,999)
In addition to the above, Keepers of the Flame enjoy the opportunity to connect directly with our experts, health scholars, and celebrity guests at select events and programs.
*Due to COVID-19, events and programs will be held virtually in compliance with BWHI policies regarding large events and gatherings.