Senior Director, Marketing & Media
REPORTS TO: EVP, Brand Strategy
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Employee
Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI) Brand Strategy team is hiring for a new Senior Director of Marketing & Media.
BWHI’s Brand Strategy team serves as an organizational-wide support team and is responsible for generating and overseeing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategies designed to ensure that the BWHI’s internal and external constituencies remain engaged and informed as well as drive donor and community trust.
Working with the EVP, Brand Strategy, as well as the Sr. Director of Communications Strategy, Director of Digital and Video, Social Media Managers, Website Managers, and all BWHI business units and external contractors and vendors, the Senior Director Marketing & Media will seek to advance Black Women’s Health Imperative’s public profile, leading and coordinating strategic media and marketing communications, including print, digital, web, video, and social media.
Balancing the ability to create and implement a sustained media and marketing strategy with the capacity to respond effectively to unexpected events, the Senior Director of Media & Marketing will work closely with the EVP on campaign management, media and public relations, keeping the BWHI community informed with clear and timely updates, as appropriate.
A dynamic leader, expressive writer and collaborative manager and colleague, the successful candidate will have a strong affiliation with Black Women’s Health Imperative’s mission and will be eager to join a leadership team that is committed to furthering diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism initiatives at the BWHI.
Expertise and Competencies:
- Experience creating messaging, multi-media and integrated marketing strategies that aligns with institutional culture. The ability to manage and coach colleagues in implementation across communications channels, over time.
- The cultural competence and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively with diverse audiences that include a range of perspectives across varied constituencies—policy makers, donors, program participants, community members, political leaders, celebrities, contractors, corporate and non-profit segments, press, media, and staff.
- Skillful writer and editor, with strong capacity to identify stories in service to overarching communications strategy and institutional narrative, along with visual competency in print and digital design and effective use of photography, graphics, social media and video.
- Ability to maintain strong partnerships with leadership teams across the BWHI, including BWHI Executives and Division leaders, and Development & Board Relations.
- Expertise in traditional and non-traditional media and public relations, working with the press and outside consultants.
- Skilled at creating effective processes with an openness to innovation.
- Fluent in social media, an interest in new technologies, and ongoing analysis of best practices including at peer institutions.
- Experience with collection and strategic use of internal and external audience research.
- Deadline driven, with excellent organizational skills, including facility in accurately estimating time needed to complete a job or project.
- Manage press engagements. Pitch media and generate media interest in BWHI events and establish BWHI team as thought leaders in the health and wellness space
- Oversee digital and print communications: including website, social media, community members and email newsletters, magazine, and fundraising and marketing materials.
- Manage direct reports, Social Media team, and Special Projects managers, Website and Administrative Systems Manager.
- Collaborate with the external consultants and agencies on communications, including weekly updates and bi-monthly newsletters.
- Manage day-to-day digital communications to constituencies from division leaders, BWHI administrators and department heads, as well as community messaging from the Executive Leadership team of BWHI.
- Manage media relations, including reporter contacts and replies to queries. for the Executive team and key staff. Promote Executive team on media platforms. Develop and maintain up to date media kits and EPKs for Executive Team
- Op-Eds, statements and press release writing as well role as crisis management team member responsible for timely, emergency communications.
We invite interested candidates to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.